Critter Prevention Tips For Homeowners
Preventing critters from coming into your home is the first step. While wildlife repellents work on some animals, they can be unsafe to pets and family members. You may need to take several additional measures to control them from entering the yard or home. Luckily, preventing critters from entering can be simpler than you think.
- First, remove any overgrown brush that critters may be able to hide in or build a nest with.
- Now, ensure no food sources attract them, like pet food left on the porch, bird feeders, or fruit fallen from trees on the ground.
- Cover trash cans with tight fitting lids.
- Fence the yard with a tall fence to keep out larger wildlife.
- Keep limbs trimmed and away from the roof line.
- Store firewood off the ground.
- Cover entries such as the chimney, gutters, downspouts, and vents.
- Finally, ensure the structure of your home is free of any damage, like small cracks or openings that could be used as entry points.
The best thing to do is to call Wild Thingz to inspect the yard and house and recommend a plan to critter control your personal spaces.
Critter Removal with Wild Thingz
When you call for critter control from Wild Thingz Wildlife Removal you are making a wise choice. Because animal removal isn’t always as simple as encouraging them out, an expert is usually needed to remediate the problem.
Even better, Wild Thingz prides itself on our humane removal techniques. Humane wildlife removal involves respectful and safe methods that cause our precious local animals no harm. We do our best to return the creature to its natural habitat while treating it with care and kindness.
We provide critter control services in the Greater Columbia, SC, area and all of Richland & Lexington counties.
If you suspect a pest infestation of any kind, reach out to our team. Wild Thingz Wildlife Removal is happy to safely remove the critters causing you trouble.
One more thought, there are a lot of protected animals in the state of South Carolina. If you have a critter on your property and don’t know which ones are protected, then you might want to call someone who does. The professionals at Wild Thingz know which animals are covered, how to handle them, and where to take them for relocation.